This is our Intermediate level course for those that have little to no experience with AR-15/M4 Carbines
This course is an 16 hour – 2 Day course that goes over the following:
Review of the following:
4 Basic Rules of Firearm Safety
Holy Trinity of Use of Force
Proper Grip(s), Stance, sight picture, sight alignment
Natural Point of Aim
“Getting off the X”
Considerations for Home Defense, Vehicle Get Home Gun
Movement in Close Quarters
Movement with multiple People
Movement in and around Vehicle
Improvised Shooting Positions
Point of Aim vs. Point of Impact
Types of Reloads
Immediate Action Drills
- One (1) Semi-automatic rifle with iron sights (Optics optional) ie: iron sights, holographic, red dot, or telescopic.
- Three (3) thirty (30) round magazines for the rifle or four(4) twenty round magazines
- 700 hundred rounds
- One (1) Pistol; preferably semi-automatic 9mm or larger.
- Holster (NO SERPA HOLSTERS)
- Two (2) Magazines Minimum
- Speed loaders for Revolvers (ie: moon clips)
- 150 rounds for pistol
- Sling for rifle. Preferably modern two point sling (I.E. Viking Tactics, Blue Force Gear Vickers, etc.)
- Eye and ear protection
- Wet weather gear. (Unless weather becomes unsafe to operate, class will continue)
- Pen and note pad.
- Means to carry magazines(cargo pockets are fine)
- Waterproof ground cover(for zeroing)
This is a pre-requisite course to the Advanced Courses, along with Specialty courses. If a student has certification from a reputable training agency or instructor, and/or demonstrates the skills appropriate for the requested course consideration will be given.