This is our Entry level course for those that have little to no experience with AR-15/M4 Carbines
This course is an 8 hour course that goes over the following:
4 Basic Rules of Firearm Safety
Parts of the Rifle
Disassembly, Cleaning and Safe Storage of a the AR15-M4
Introduction to Holy Trinity of Use of Force
Proper Grip(s), Stance, sight picture, sight alignment
Loading & Unloading
Natural Point of Aim
Dry Fire and Live Fire Drills
Basics of “Getting off the X”
Considerations for Home Defense, Vehicle Get Home Gun
- One (1) Semi-automatic rifle with iron sights (Optics optional) ie: iron sights, holographic, red dot, or telescopic.
- Three (3) thirty (30) round magazines for the rifle or four(4) twenty round magazines
- Two hundred (200) rounds
- Sling for rifle. Preferably modern two point sling (I.E. Viking Tactics, Blue Force Gear Vickers, etc.)
- Eye and ear protection
- Wet weather gear. (Unless weather becomes unsafe to operate, class will continue)
- Pen and note pad.
- Means to carry magazines(cargo pockets are fine)
- Waterproof ground cover(for zeroing)
This is a pre-requisite course to the Intermediate and Advanced Courses, along with Specialty courses. If a student has certification from a reputable training agency or instructor, and/or demonstrates the skills appropriate for the requested course consideration will be given.